Staying At Your Ronald McDonald House: A Home When You Need It
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made several updates to our House and Family Room program requirements to protect the health and safety of families. For current requirements, including rules for guests from outside of Illinois, please review the FAQ below or read the latest updates about our programs.
To stay at a Ronald McDonald House, you must be referred by the hospital where your child is being treated. Please contact your hospital’s social worker to learn more about the referral process.
Our Houses are places of comfort and rest for families with children (21 and under) in active treatment at nearby hospitals. Our homes are designed for families with children who require:
- Inpatient medical treatment
- Scheduled and recurring outpatient medical visits that require overnight stays
- Fetal healthcare or neonatal intensive care
A Home Away From Home
In times of stress, you need good food, a community of people who understand, a comfortable night’s sleep, and a place to be with your family. That’s what you get at our Ronald McDonald Houses. Staying with us means:
- A community of parents and families who understand what you’re going through
- Freshly made meals provided by caring volunteers
- Clean, comfortable spaces for daily living
- Peaceful spaces to get away
- A quiet place to rest
It might not be home. But we want you to feel like you have a place where you belong.
We strive to make sure you have everything you need to live comfortably throughout your stay. Our amenities include:
- Comfortable rooms with private or semi-private bathrooms
- Spacious kitchens where you can make your own meals if you choose
- Laundry facilities in the building
- Elevators for easy handicap accessibility
- Music, TV, and other entertainment sources
When you stay with us, it is our goal to make sure you are comfortable. Our volunteers and donors help make it a home.
How to Stay With Us
Ronald McDonald Houses are places of comfort specifically for pediatric children (ages 0 to 21) and their families who need to stay close while their child is in active treatment. Families must be referred to Ronald McDonald House by the hospital where their child is receiving treatment.
Please Note: Submitting an application does not guarantee a room as we regularly have a waitlist. We work to fill rooms as quickly as possible, but due to the wide variety of conditions and treatment plans our guest families are facing, we cannot determine room availability until an application is received.
If you have stayed at Ronald McDonald House within the last year and need to request a stay, please begin your application below.