Ronald McDonald House Near Lurie Children’s Hospital
Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, the Ronald McDonald House in Streeterville offers sanctuary from both the hospital and the bustle of the city.
- 80 private family guest rooms with private bathrooms and fully stocked with linens and toiletries
- A modern, accessible building opened in 2012
- 16 stories – the tallest Ronald McDonald House in the region
- Easy access to nearby Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Northwestern University Hospital, and other downtown pediatric clinics
It might not be your house. But it can be your home.
Our staff, volunteers, and donors want you to feel comfortable and as “at home” as possible. The Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s features everything your family could need, including:
- Fully accessible and stocked kitchens for your use
- Shared rooms for watching TV, playing games, and relaxing
- A meditation and prayer room to find peace and quiet rooftop healing garden and play area
- Activities, games, crafts, and more
Find some fun. Find some peace. Find yourself at home.
Game Rooms and Play Areas
Families need time and space for FUN. We believe that games, play, laughter, and normal life are crucial to healing. That’s why we feature:
- Multiple game rooms with everything from board games to pop-a-shot
- Hundreds of toys, movies, and video games
- Themed rooms donated by Chicago sports teams
- Art supplies for freehand or instructed creativity
Kids need to be kids. We keep that joy cultivated, always.
Private Lodging for the Whole Family
A home is more than a place to stay: it is a sanctuary. At the Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s in downtown Chicago, you and your family have a private guestroom where you can stay together, laugh together, and find peace together.
Our guestrooms can fit three to five family members for the duration of your stay. This isn’t a hotel. It’s your home.
Amenities to Make Your Stay More Comfortable
While you’re here, you have to find your comfortable routine. We have the amenities to make you feel more at home and keep you going.
- Daily meals prepared by our Chef with the assistance of meal group volunteers
- Full on-site laundry facilities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the House
- Library and computer/business center
- A kitchen to cook your own meals when you wish
- Cabinet and refrigerator space to store food
- Cookies made by volunteers daily
Our volunteers and staff are here to make your life as comfortable as possible. We’re in your corner.
Parking & Shuttle Service
You are welcome to temporarily park in front of the House for up to 15 minutes to unload luggage and belongings except from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Please lock your doors and utilize hazard lights.
For long-term parking, please park at the medical facility where your child is a patient. At Lurie Children’s, please park at the Lurie Children’s Huron-Superior parking garage located at 222 East Huron Street. The cost is $10 for less than seven hours and $15 for more than seven hours.
Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s is located just five blocks from the hospital, making it accessible by foot. Lurie Children’s also operates a shuttle service between the two locations; shuttle hours vary depending on the day of the week.
Host a Meeting or Retreat at the House
Our Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s offers businesses and organizations a unique, state-of-the-art meeting space that provides all that is needed for a productive working space.
- State-of-the-art audio-visual capabilities
- Access to free wireless internet
- Classroom, presentation, or boardroom seating for up to 35 people
- Catering window and access to lunch room
- Validated parking discounts at a nearby garage