Join over 68,000 monthly subscribers to receive family stories, news, events, and inspiration on how you can make a difference.
Ronald McDonald House near Loyola University Medical Center
Located on two and a half beautifully landscaped acres, our Ronald McDonald House near Loyola University Medical Center on the Hines Veteran’s Affairs campus in Hines, Illinois is where families call home.
- 18 guest rooms with shared bathrooms, accessible via the hallway, and fully stocked linens, towels, and toiletries
- Each room comfortably sleeps three to five people
- Located just west of downtown Chicago with easy access to Loyola University Medical Center, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Rush University Children’s Hospital, and UIC Children’s Hospital
Take a Look Inside Your Home
Our staff, volunteers, and donors want you and your family to feel as comfortable and as at home as possible.
No need to worry about where to do laundry or find a midnight snack. The Ronald McDonald House near Loyola University Medical Center features all the comforts of home that your family might need, including:
- Daily meals cooked and donated by local volunteers
- Fully-stocked linens, toiletries, and more
- Laundry facilities with detergent
- Community kitchen space and outdoor family picnic area
- Shared rooms for watching TV, playing games, and relaxing
- A non-denominational chapel to find a peaceful moment
- Indoor and outdoor play spaces
- Games, books, crafts, and activities for all ages
- Parking at the House and 24-hour shuttle service to Loyola University Medical Center
Game Rooms and Play Areas
Whether it’s your child, their siblings, or visiting family, kids need space for FUN. Games, play, and laughter help families make our House their home. We’re proud to offer:
- Game rooms with everything from board games to video games
- Plenty of toys for indoor and outdoor play
- One-of-a-kind secret treehouse
- Children’s garden
- Art supplies for freehand or instructed creativity
Kids need to be kids. We keep that joy cultivated, always.
Private Space for the Whole Family
A home is more than a place to stay: it is a sanctuary. At the Ronald McDonald House near Loyola University Medical Center, you and your family have a private room where you can stay together, laugh together, and find peace together.
Our rooms can fit three to five family members for the duration of your stay. This isn’t a hotel. It’s your home.
Amenities to Make Your Stay More Comfortable
While you’re here, we encourage you to find a comfortable routine. We have all the amenities to make you feel at home, including:
- Full on-site laundry facilities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the House
- Library and computer/business center
- A kitchen to cook your own meals when you wish
- Cabinet and refrigerator space to store food
- Cookies made by volunteers
- Daily meals provided by generous volunteers
Our volunteers and staff are here to make your life as comfortable as possible. We’re in your corner.
Parking & Shuttle Service
You are welcome to park in the lot adjacent to the House. Loyola University Medical Center operates a shuttle service for families throughout the day.
Please note: The Ronald McDonald House near Loyola University Medical Center can be difficult to find as it is located on the Hines Veteran’s Affairs Medical campus, which is federal property.
Directions: Enter Hines VA at 5th Avenue and Roosevelt Road (west of 1st Avenue). Proceed to the far south side of the Hines campus, passing Hines Hospital and Fisher House. Turn right at the far end. The House is on the immediate left.