Join over 68,000 monthly subscribers to receive family stories, news, events, and inspiration on how you can make a difference.
Ronald McDonald House near Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital
Bordering the DuPage River, our Ronald McDonald House near Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage House (CDH) in Winfield is a breath of fresh air.
- 12 guest bedrooms with private bathrooms and fully stocked linens, towels, and toiletries
- Each room comfortably sleeps four to five people
- Easy access to nearby Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital, Northwestern Medicine Proton Center, and Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital
Our staff, volunteers, and donors want you and your family to feel as at home as possible – no need to worry about where to do laundry or find a midnight snack.
The Ronald McDonald House near CDH features all the comforts of home that your family might need, including:
- Daily meals cooked and donated by local volunteers
- Private bedrooms and bathrooms with fully-stocked linens, toiletries, and more
- Laundry facilities with detergent
- Community kitchen space and outdoor patio
- Shared rooms for watching TV, playing games, and relaxing
- Fitness center with treadmill, stationary bike, and hand weights
- Indoor and outdoor play spaces
- Games, books, crafts, and activities for all ages
Game Rooms and Play Areas
Whether it’s your child, their siblings, or visiting family, kids need space for FUN. Games, play, and laughter help families make our House their home. We offer:
- Game rooms with everything from board games to video games
- Plenty of toys for indoor and outdoor play
- Outdoor playset and putting green
- Vegetable garden
- Walking path behind the House takes you to a nearby pond and Illinois Prairie Path
- Art supplies for freehand or instructed creativity
- Fun activities hosted by visiting volunteer groups, including therapy animals
Kids need to be kids. We keep that joy cultivated, always.
Private Space for the Whole Family
A home is more than a place to stay: it is a sanctuary.
At the Ronald McDonald House near Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital, you and your family have a private room where you can stay together, laugh together, and find peace together.
Our rooms can fit up to five family members for the duration of your stay. This isn’t a hotel. It’s your home.
Amenities to Make Your Stay More Comfortable
While you’re here, we encourage you to find a comfortable routine. We have all the amenities to make you feel at home, including:
- Full on-site laundry facilities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the House
- Library and computer/business center
- A kitchen to cook your own meals when you wish
- Cabinet and refrigerator space to store food
- Cookies made by volunteers
Our volunteers and staff are here to make your life as recognizable as possible. We’re in your corner.
You are welcome to park in our adjacent parking lot.