Ronald McDonald House near Advocate Children's Hospital
Nestled in a grove of trees, our Ronald McDonald House near Advocate Children’s Hospital in Oak Lawn is our “little house in the woods.”
- 21 guest rooms with private bathrooms and fully stocked linens, towels, and toiletries
- Modern, accessible building opened in 2008 with five new rooms added in 2019
- Steps away from world-class care at Advocate Children’s Hospital with hospital shuttle service
- Accessible treehouse for kids of all abilities
Our staff, volunteers, and donors want you and your family to feel as comfortable and as at home as possible.
The Ronald McDonald House near Advocate Children’s features everything your family might need, including:
- Daily meals donated and prepared by local volunteers
- Private bathrooms with fully-stocked linens, toiletries, and more
- Laundry facilities with detergent
- Community kitchen space
- Shared rooms for watching TV, playing games, and relaxing
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Nature features including a pond, prairie walking path, and butterfly and vegetable gardens
- Games, books, crafts, and activities for all ages
Game Rooms and Play Areas
Whether it’s your child or their siblings, kids need space for FUN. Games, play, and laughter are crucial to healing and family togetherness. That’s why we offer:
- Multiple family rooms with everything from board games to video games
- Plenty of toys for indoor and outdoor play
- One-of-a-kind treehouse designed for kids of all abilities
- Art supplies for freehand or instructed creativity
Kids need to be kids. We keep that joy cultivated, always.
Private Space for the Whole Family
A home is more than a place to stay: it is a sanctuary. At the Ronald McDonald House near Advocate Children’s, you and your family have a private room where you can stay together, laugh together, and find peace together.
Our rooms can fit as many as five family members for the duration of your stay. This isn’t a hotel. It’s your home.
Amenities to Make Your Stay More Comfortable
While you’re here, we encourage you to find a comfortable routine. We have all the amenities to make you feel at home, including:
- Full on-site laundry facilities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the House
- Library and computer/business center
- A kitchen to cook your own meals when you wish
- Cabinet and refrigerator space to store food
- Daily meals made by volunteers
Our volunteers and staff are here to make your life as comfortable as possible. We’re in your corner.
Parking & Shuttle Service
There is no parking at the House, but you can park for free in the Christ Medical Center parking garage conveniently located across the street. If you are checking in for the first time, you can pull around our circle drive, unload, and then park at the garage for the duration of your stay.
The House is directly across the street from the hospital and a shuttle between Advocate and the House is also available.