Ronald McDonald House Rules
- Only registered guests referred by the hospital are permitted to stay overnight at RMHC-CNI.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the supervision of their children under the age of 18 at all times. Children under 18 cannot be left at RMH in the care of volunteers, staff, or other guests.
- Ronald McDonald House is a 100% smoke-free environment, including outdoor garden and play areas. This includes tobacco, non–tobacco, vapor cigarettes and marijuana, regardless of whether they are burned/vaporized. City ordinance requires smokers to stand 15 feet away from buildings.
- Please clean up after yourself and your children at all times.
- Cooking appliances, heating appliances, and candles are not permitted in your guestroom.
- Television shows, movies, games, and websites with violence or adult content are not appropriate for this family environment.
- Disruptive behavior, including inappropriate language, towards other guests is unacceptable. Violence will not be tolerated and is grounds for termination of your stay. This includes, but is not limited to, physical discipline of children and acts of domestic violence.
- Possession/use of alcohol, marijuana, and illegal drugs are strictly prohibited. Firearms are also not permitted on RMH property at any time.
- The status of family stays are reviewed with hospital staff on a regular basis. Families may be eligible to remain at the House as long as their child is in active treatment; they are spending the majority of their time at the hospital and are following House policies.
- RMH staff are not allowed to accept the delivery of medicine or medical equipment so a family member must be present to accept delivery. If your child requires Home Health Care (HHC), please notify program staff.
- For the safety of everyone, medical waste cannot be disposed of on RMH property. Please request a sharps container from your child’s hospital as needed.
- We strongly encourage you to sanitize any area before/after using it, clean up after yourself and practice good handwashing techniques.
- All guests must be healthy prior to checking in. If you feel sick, please isolate in your room, call the office (please do not stop by), contact your personal doctor and your child’s medical team, and await instructions.
Note: The House staff reserves the right to enter any guest room if deemed necessary. The House staff and volunteers are happy to welcome you here. We want to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. However, if the Program Director finds that you are unable to abide by our policies, the Director has the right to revoke your privilege of staying here.