Join over 68,000 monthly subscribers to receive family stories, news, events, and inspiration on how you can make a difference.
Ronald McDonald Family Room in Lurie Children’s Hospital
Only steps away from the Intensive Care Units, our Ronald McDonald Family Room in Lurie Children’s in downtown Chicago keeps you close to your child when they need you most.
- 9 sleep rooms with private bathrooms, showers, and fully stocked linens, towels, and toiletries
- Fully stocked kitchenette with family dining space
- RMHC Hospitality a la Carte, a mini Ronald McDonald House on wheels, that provides snacks, entertainment, and more to children and their families
Our Family Room is your space to feel as comfortable as possible – no need to worry about where to do laundry or find a midnight snack.
The Family Room in Lurie Children’s features everything that you might need, including:
- Meals donated by local volunteers and restaurants
- Access to hospital laundry facilities with detergent
- Shared living space for watching TV, playing games, and relaxing
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the Family Room
- Playroom and computer area nearby provided Lurie Children’s
RMHC Hospitality a la Carte
At Lurie Children’s, our mini Ronald McDonald House on wheels serves patients and families by offering items including snacks, beverages, toiletry products like toothbrushes, and fun activities for parents and children.
The RMHC Hospitality a la Carte is available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. on all Intensive Care Floors within Lurie Children’s.
At Lurie Children’s, please park at the Lurie Children’s Huron-Superior garage located at 222 East Huron Street.
The cost is $10 for less than seven hours and $15 for more than seven hours.