Ronald McDonald Family Room in Lurie Children’s Hospital
225 E. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60611
The Ronald McDonald Family Room in Lurie Children’s serves as a haven of respite and hospitality for families of inpatient children at Lurie Children’s Hospital. The homelike atmosphere of the Family Room allows families a moment to rest and rejuvenate so they can better support their child during their medical journey.
Please note: Priority is given to families of children in critical care who need to be close to their child’s bedside. All Family Room requests must be made through a Lurie Children’s Hospital social worker.
Our Family Room offers the following to provide care and comfort to our families:
- 9 sleep rooms with private bathrooms (with showers)
- Space for personal belongings
- Shared comfortable living spaces with a television
- Fully stocked kitchenette with tables for dining
- Prepared meals provided by generous volunteers
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the Family Room
In 2018, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana rolled out its first RMHC Hospitality a la Carte, a mini Ronald McDonald House on wheels that serves families of patients at Lurie Children’s by offering items including snacks, beverages, hygiene products, and fun activities for parents and children. Read more about the cart.