Item Wish List
Our Houses and Family Rooms are just like your home – we need the basics and more to comfort and support families.
You can make an extraordinary difference with ordinary, everyday items to keep our Houses running and help families feel at home.
Due to COVID-19, we are pausing toy and book donations and ask donors to focus their generosity on the wish list items below that are needed to maintain safe operations at our Houses and Family Rooms. We ask that all toy or book donations be shared with another worthy organization.
What We Accept
We kindly accept new, unused, recently purchased, and unexpired items in original packaging. We greatly appreciate environmentally-friendly products.
What We Can’t Accept
We do not accept used or opened items. We do not take donations of used furniture, used books, used toys (games, videos, etc.) or used stuffed toys.
To ensure a high level of safety and sanitization, all wish list donations will be held in quarantine for seven days prior to distribution to families.
Top Ten Most Needed Items
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Paper towels (rolls and C-fold)
- Individually wrapped snacks (chips, cookies, crackers, etc.)
- Individually packaged cereal
- Individual portions of soup/mac and cheese
- Drawstring garbage bags – 4, 13, 30, and 55 gallon
- Cleaning supplies – Lysol Wipes, Scrubbing Bubbles, toilet bowl cleaner, Windex, Soft Scrub, and all-purpose cleaners
- Gift cards to Target, Amazon, Jewel, Home Depot, Sam’s Club/Walmart, OfficeMax, Bed Bath and Beyond, CVS, and Walgreens
- Postage stamps
Amazon Wish Lists & AmazonSmile
An easy way to support children and families is to shop and purchase items from our Amazon Wish Lists. Please be sure to include your name and contact information with your order so we can acknowledge your donation.
Shopping through AmazonSmile is an easy way to give back. When you purchase eligible items, AmazonSmile will donate a portion of the purchase price to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana.
Our Wish Lists
- Ronald McDonald House near Advocate Children’s Hospital
- Ronald McDonald Family Room in Edward Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House near Loyola University Medical Center
- Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s
- Ronald McDonald House near Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House near UChicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital
Dropping Off Donations
In order to simplify your donation process, we encourage you to call the location where you plan to donate at least one day before your planned drop-off. For large donations, please call a few days in advance.
For donations to multiple locations, or donations that require special coordination, please contact: