Item Wish List
Our Houses and Family Rooms are just like your home – we need the basics and more to comfort and support families.
You can make an extraordinary difference with ordinary, everyday items to keep our Houses running and help families feel at home.
In addition to the household needs shared on our wish list, we will accept new toys in their original packaging to share with our families. We cannot accept even the most gently used items, and toys should not be gift-wrapped.
What We Accept
We kindly accept new, unused, recently purchased, and unexpired items in original packaging. We greatly appreciate environmentally-friendly products.
What We Can’t Accept
We do not accept used or opened items. We do not take donations of used furniture, used books, used toys (games, videos, etc.) or used stuffed toys.
Most Needed Items
- Laundry detergent
- Paper towels
- C-fold towels
- Gas cards for families
- To-go food containers
- Individual-serving cereal boxes
- Postage stamps
- Drawstring garbage bags – 4, 13, 30, and 55 gallon
- Dryer sheets
- Gift cards for Target, Amazon, Jewel, Home Depot, Walmart, OfficeDepot, and Walgreens
Amazon Wish Lists
An easy way to support children and families is to shop and purchase items from our Amazon Wish Lists. Please be sure to include your name and contact information with your order so we can acknowledge your donation.
Our Wish Lists
- Ronald McDonald House near Advocate Children’s Hospital
- Ronald McDonald Family Room in Advocate Children’s Hospital
- Ronald McDonald Family Room in Edward Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House near Loyola University Medical Center
- Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s
- Ronald McDonald House near Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House near UChicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital
Dropping Off Donations
In order to simplify your donation process, we encourage you to call the location where you plan to donate at least one day before your planned drop-off. For large donations, please call a few days in advance.
For donations to multiple locations, or donations that require special coordination, please contact: