Join over 68,000 monthly subscribers to receive family stories, news, events, and inspiration on how you can make a difference.
Ronald McDonald House near UChicago Medicine Comer Children's Hospital
For more than 30 years, our Ronald McDonald House near UChicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital in Hyde Park has welcomed thousands of families from around the world. This is the House that love built.
- 22 guest rooms with private bathrooms and fully stocked linens, towels, and toiletries
- Each room comfortably sleep 3 to 5 people
- The House was completely remodeled in 2019
- Easy access to UChicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital a few blocks away and La Rabida Children’s Hospital a short drive away
Our House is your home and our staff, volunteers, and donors want you and your family to feel as comfortable as possible – no need to worry about where to do laundry or find a midnight snack.
The RMH near Comer Children’s features everything that your family might need, including:
- Daily meals cooked and donated by local volunteers
- Private bathrooms with fully-stocked linens, toiletries, and more
- Laundry facilities with detergent
- Community kitchen space
- Several shared rooms for watching TV, playing games, and relaxing
- A meditation room to find a peaceful moment
- Indoor and outdoor play spaces
- Games, books, crafts, and activities for all ages
- Parking onsite with 24-hour shuttle service to UChicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital
Game Rooms and Play Areas
Whether it’s your child, their siblings, or visiting family, kids need space for FUN. Games, play, and laughter help families make our House their home. We’re proud to offer:
- Game rooms with everything from board games to video games
- Hundreds of toys for indoor and outdoor play
- Outdoor play area
- Art supplies for freehand or instructed creativity
- Fun activities hosted by visiting volunteer groups, including therapy animals
Kids need to be kids. We keep that joy cultivated, always.
Private Lodging for the Whole Family
A home is more than a place to stay: it is a sanctuary.
At the Ronald McDonald House near Comer Children’s, you and your family have a private room where you can stay together, laugh together, and find peace together.
Our rooms can fit as many as five family members for the duration of your stay. This isn’t a hotel. It’s your home.
Amenities to Make Your Stay More Comfortable
While you’re here, we encourage you to find a comfortable routine. We have all the amenities to make you feel at home, including:
- Full on-site laundry facilities
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the House
- Library and computer/business center
- A kitchen to cook your own meals when you wish
- Cabinet and refrigerator space to store food
- Daily meals made by volunteers
Our volunteers and staff are here to make your life as recognizable as possible. We’re in your corner.
Parking & Shuttle Service
Families are welcome to park in the fenced lot west of the House.
The House is about four blocks from UChicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital, and the hospital runs a shuttle service to and from the hospital every half hour on a schedule. Shuttle service is also available by calling a number provided upon check-in.