Care kits are a great way for groups of all sizes and ages to get involved and support families.
Groups can participate from anywhere as long as one participant is able to deliver the kits to a House or Family Room.
The families we serve are often on the go between doctor appointments, hospital visits, and travel to and from the Houses. Care kits provide families with the essentials so they can stay by their child’s side.
You can prepare as many kits as you’d like at your school, office, hotel, community center, conference center, etc. – wherever works best for you and your group!
Share your positive messages or cards in the packs! Be creative, but please ensure messages are not religious and are appropriate for any family member, for example “Have an awesome day!” or “You’re doing great!”
Snack packs are a great grab-and-go option for families as they travel between appointments and don’t have time for a meal or spend long days in the hospital and want an alternative to vending machine snacks.
Here are a few tips when assembling your snack packs:
- Use a one gallon-sized plastic storage bag per snack pack.
- Healthy food options are encouraged, but please do not include fresh fruits or vegetables.
- Label any packs including items containing nuts or other common allergens. Making some of packs nut- or peanut-free is strongly encouraged.
- Clearly label each snack pack with the date that it was assembled, as well as the earliest expiration date of the included snacks.
Each pack should include three to five snacks, all of which should be non-perishable, shelf-stable, unopened, and individually packaged.
For safety reasons, only store-bought items may be included.
A few items that are great for snack packs include:
- Pudding or fruit cups
- Granola bars
- Individual bags of chips, popcorn, pretzels, trail mix, or nuts (please label packs that include nuts)
- Peanut butter or cheese crackers
- Fruit snacks (not fresh fruit)
- Small boxes of cereal
Delivering Care Kits
Care kits can be dropped off at any House seven days a week between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
If you are planning to assemble care kits, we encourage you to reach out to our volunteer team in advance so they can help answer any questions and coordinate delivery to our Houses. Please contact: