Ronald McDonald House near Lurie Children’s opened its doors on June 26, 2012, at 211 E Grand Avenue in the Streeterville neighborhood of downtown Chicago. It is largest of five Ronald McDonald Houses in the Chicagoland area. The House supports the needs of families whose children are receiving treatment at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.
Here we offer families of hospitalized children 15-stories of care & comfort including 66 guest rooms, a rooftop healing garden, and a kitchen filled with home-cooked meals and supportive conversation. Learn more about our House and how you can get involved by exploring the links to the left or contact a member of our staff.
- Our building is LEED Certified Silver
- We maximized our land to include a rooftop garden
- Our location maximizes the number of transportation opportunities available to visitors
- The House maintains a high level of water efficiency by not only using drought tolerant plants in the rooftop garden, but also by installing special plumbing fixtures that reduce water use by 30%
- The House uses less energy than other buildings by using energy efficient lighting systems and controls, energy efficient heating and cooling equipment and controls, and energy efficient insulations
Togetherness Heals every day at Ronald McDonald House, and YOU are helping to make that happen, as a family, volunteer, donor, or supporter. Share your RMH story with us through words and pictures on social media.
2014 © Copyright Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana
Powered by RASREYE